A special thank you for those who have thrown their support our way! This is a huge undertaking and without your support, our journey would not be possible!
Click on the logos for more information about the organizations
“Youth Services Bureau (YSB) plays a leadership role and works in close collaboration with other agencies and groups in the community that are dedicated to providing the best possible services to young people and their families and communities. We continually draw on and expand our expertise in our day-to-day dealings with the 2,500 to 3,000 people who come to YSB for help each month.”
Ottawa City Council
- Mayor Mark Sutcliffe
- Councillor Alan Hubley (Ward 23 – Kanata South)
- Councillor Cathy Curry (Ward 4 – Kanata North)
- Councillor David Brown (Ward 21 – Rideau-Jock)
- Councillor George Darouze (Ward 20 – Osgoode)
- Councillor Sean Devine (Ward 9 – Knoxdale-Merivale)
- Councillor Theresa Kavanagh (Ward 7 – Bay)
- Councillor Catherine Kitts (Ward 19 – Orléans South-Navan)
- Councillor Laine Johnson (Ward 8 – College)
- Councillor Marty Carr (Ward 18 – Alta Vista)
- Councillor Steve Desroches (Ward 22 – Riverside South-Findlay Creek)
- Councillor Glen Gower (Ward 6 – Stittsville)
- Councillor Tim Tierney (Ward 11 – Beacon Hill – Cyrville)
- Councillor Wilson Lo (Ward 24 – Barrhaven East)
- Councillor David Hill (Ward 3 – Barrhaven West)
- Councillor Jessica Bradley (Ward 10 – Gloucester-Southgate)
- Councillor Rawlson King (Ward 13 – Rideau-Rockcliffe)
- Councillor Jeff Leiper (Ward 15 – Kitchissippi)
- Councillor Riley Brockington (Ward 16 – River)
- Councillor Clarke Kelly (Ward 5 – West Carleton-March)
- Councillor Stéphanie Plante (Ward 12 – Rideau-Vanier)
- Councillor Laura Dudas (Ward 2 – Orléans West-Innes)
Ottawa Area Members of Provincial Parliament
- Goldie Ghamari (Carleton)
- Joel Harden (Ottawa Centre)
- Lisa MacLeod (Nepean)
- John Fraser (Ottawa South)
Moms Stop the Harm (MSTH) is a network of Canadian families impacted by substance-use-related harms and deaths.
MSTH advocates for the change of failed drug policies, provides peer support to grieving families, and assists those with loved ones who use or have used substances.
*We will have a representative from “Moms Stop The Harm” speaking at City Hall upon our arrival on Saturday, June 3, 2023 at noon
“CAPSA (Community Addictions Peer Support Association) is a National leader on the topic of stigma, its impacts on individuals who use substances or have a substance use disorder and on identifying and correcting instances of systemic stigma imbedded in organizations. Employing subject matter experts, with living experience, CAPSA works with organizations to provide education around substance use, stigma related to substance use disorder and the use of person-first language to reduce stigma and discrimination.”
“Families for Addiction Recovery is a national charity founded by parents of children who have struggled with addiction from their teens. Our goal is long term recovery for those with addiction and their families.”
Anne Girard Photography – We are fortunate to have Anne as our events official photographer! Anne provided us with some amazing shots from our 2022 event and will be more involved in the 2023 walk.
OTR4mentalhealth logo designed by Anne Girard
Click on the picture to see Anne’s galleries.
We have partnered with the Running Room for this year’s walk! The Running Room has generously offered to support us with clothing and the most critical equipment for the 104km walk…shoes!!!
Last year’s 44km walk was made possible by the expert advice that we received by the Running Room associates at their Stittsville location.
Baker Tilly Ottawa LLP, provides expert tax, assurance, and entrepreneurial services to help businesses grow and prosper. Clients turn to Baker Tilly for hands-on partner involvement, practical tax strategies that save, reduce or defer all forms of taxation, and strategic consultation to more effectively plan and manage their business.
The caring and experienced professionals at Tubman Funeral Homes are here to support you through this difficult time. We offer a range of personalized services to suit your family’s wishes and requirements. You can count on us to help you plan a personal, lasting tribute to your loved one.